Saturday, March 16, 2019

What do you mean, "blogs aren't really a thing anymore"?

So I was gone for a while. A long while. I am back at it again, at least for now.

I am trying to pick up where I left off, which is pretty much the beginning of the road here. I am trying to make my tools better to get results I like better and more quickly.

I still have a tendency toward trying to make schedules that have characteristics like MLB. Recently MLB has lengthened the season to add a few more offdays across the season. That means now instead of 51 there are 52 halfweeks for the 162 games. With an additional halfweek for the All-Star break, the schedule generally spans from end of March or beginning of April to end of September to beginning of October. E.g., ignoring the overseas games Sea/Oak games earlier in March, 2019 spans from Mar28 through Sep29.

MLB schedules are great at limiting very short and very long homestands and roadtrips. At the top of my list in getting back into this is to try to find ways to minimize the single-series and 4-series homestands and roadtrips and maximize the 2- and 3-series homestands and roadtrips (i.e., usually 6-10 games). I do not expect to ever be getting great results in that regard like MLB since I want to churn out schedules quickly, but I want to find ways to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment