Saturday, September 19, 2009

A take on making baseball schedules

My initial goal with this blog is to try to convey how I make schedules in the hopes that others may also be able to utilize my techniques and make schedules.

I came to start making baseball schedules for the Out of the Park Baseball (OOTP) computer game in 2004 when version 6 allowed the importing of schedule files.  To this point making schedules for OOTP remains essentially my only activity as far as making schedules goes.  The focus here though is on the general process of creation of the schedules and not the final output into any particular format like the files OOTP can ingest.

I welcome any suggestions on what to do here.  I already have some ideas, and I make no promises about the amount of activity here, but I am open to reasonable ideas.

3 comments:

  1. Hey GMO just saying thanks for the schedule that you made for me over on the OOTP 10 boards. Looking forward to seeing what you have to say in this blog.

    Cheers

    Raffke

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could post ideas on developing schedules or tools that could make the process easier. Or philosophical thoughts on scheduling. ;)

    Either way, thanks for all of your work over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me add my thanks for your schedules. I always wanted a 15/15 MLB set up and your schedule made it possible. I'll be interested to see what happens to your blog.

    RichW

    ReplyDelete